Assistant General Manager (Full Time)
Position: Assistant General Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant General Manager to help support and lead the General Manager and team. As the Assistant GM you will be given your own KPIs, as well as be responsible for encouraging and developing the team, day to day running, and acting manager if required.
- Take the lead when the General Manager is not on the premises. This includes managing the team, stock control, shift management.
- Managing the floor and bookings (via e-mail/Opentable)
- Be direct line manager to the floor team
- Maintain standards set across the bar and floor, ensuring cleanliness throughout the venue and quality service is upheld.
- Reaching financial targets and assisting General Manager with ideas and concepts to bring to the bar.
- Full knowledge of the cocktail menu, ability to assist servers with their knowledge and recite back to customers.
- Assisting with team training.
As a cocktail based company, understanding of mixing spirits and cocktail knowledge is important, as well as having a good pallet and a great memory.
You must have
- 2-3 years experience managing a team
- Cocktail experience is essential
- Evidence of delivering great customer service
- Excellent attention to detail
Hours: 40 - 45 per week
Rate of pay: salary (£19,000-£23,000 subject to experience) + bonuses + yearly pay reviews
Working for Tipsyjar you will experience; a healthy work life balance, usually with Sundays & Mondays off (excluding Bank holiday and special occasions), time off over Christmas, the opportunity to be creative, be part of something new and be here from the start. Opportunity for growth, we want you to have a healthy & exciting career here at Tipsyjar.
Due to the volume of applicants, if you have not heard back within 14 days unfortunately we will not be progressing your application at this time. We will keep your CV on file for 3 months.
We look forward to receiving your covering letter & CVs.